Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Reynolds Arts Student Profile Meet Bethany Stiehm

Have you always been interested in art or did you discover your talent and passion later?
I've always been interested in art and enjoyed it from an outside perspective, but I never thought of myself as an artist until last year when I took a painting class at reynolds. Taking a painting class made me realize how accessible art really is and that anyone can make art. It gave me the confidence to explore my artistic side. 

What is your area of study at Reynolds?
My area of study is social sciences. 

What is your favorite medium?
I think it might be too early in my artistic journey to say what my favorite medium is. I'm still learning and exploring a lot when it comes to art materials. I have been loving oil paints since I started working with them and I like fabric and textiles, but I don't think I've found my favorite medium yet.

How does your art express your feelings and attitudes?
I think my art gives me an outlet to express the dreamy colors and subject matter I find myself most drawn to. It gives me an opportunity to detach from reality and live inside my own brain. 

What would you like to do with your art background in the future?
I would like to continue studying art at a four year university and find a career where I can continue to make art.