Monday, October 31, 2022

Keyirra Fuell
Reynolds Grad Spring 2022

Five children. Life problems. Covid twice. Still Keyirra made it to her finish line and received her Associates Degree in Opticianry. She credits the "wonderful team of professors in the opticianry program . . . especially Ms. Leah Exline," for supporting and motivating her all the way through.

Here's what Keyirra says about her experience: 

I'm a proud mother of five beautiful children. I enjoy helping others and meeting new people, that's why I wanted a rewarding career in some sort of nursing field or something like that. I started off in the dental assistant program then changed my major to Optician, for one because it offered a degree instead of a certificate and it just seemed like a better fit for me than dealing with teeth, and it's also kind of like nursing but not as rough. As an optician I get to help people see better versus teeth and sickly patients so it's like best of both worlds and a very rewarding experience at work and college. 

I'm very proud to have finished this program because I have started and stopped several times other times in my life and even this program I stopped a few semesters in-between because of life problems, but I am so glad that I got through it with the five kids and normal life problems, boyfriend drama, covid twice, and just feeling overwhelmed with it all together. 

I want to thank the wonderful team of professors in the optician program for motivational support and staying on me to finish especially Ms. Leah Exline. I appreciate them all and am thankful for the experience and kind people at Reynolds.