Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Khizer Hayat
Accounting Manager/Financial Operations

Where did you live while growing up and what was it like?

I grew up in Pakistan and enjoyed my childhood as much as one could. My father had a nice government job. I had friends to go out, servants available 24/7, big house to play, had pets including dogs, ducks, cows, cats, buffaloes, monkeys, chickens, talking parrots, rabbits, pigeons. It was like a mini zoo on one side of house. I miss playing in the rain for hours and making paper boats.

You speak six languages – Persian, Farsi, Dari, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi. How did you come to learn so many languages? How do you retain all those language now? 

Most of  these I learnt because of my duty stations. Others I speak at home. I have friends whom I talk in these languages.

You started your position with Reynolds on September 26. What were you doing before you came to the college? 

I was working as Staff Accountant in New York.

How did you get started in your career in finance? 

I started it by choice. I was motivated by one of my uncles in my family.

What is your favorite aspect of your job?

Sense of belonging to a professional organization and good people around me. When I wake up in morning I have feeling that I am going to spend next 8-9 hours with good people.

What do you like to do when you aren’t working? 

I have self-development goals. When I am not working I prepare for CIA exam and love to spend time with my family.

Do you have a favorite book, movie, or TV series? Why is it your favorite? 

Most of times I am studying my course books for self-development. I like watching Hindi movies and listening to Urdu, Hindu and Dari songs.

If you won $100 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?

I will start my own business, sponsor education and skills programs for people of any age, pay for surgery of young girls who became victim of acid attacks in third world countries, start a housing program for homeless, buy the house I lived in my childhood.