Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Meet Culinary Arts Student Angela Hall

What motivated you to study culinary arts? 
Cooking has always been a passion of mine growing up. I got motivated to study culinary arts because I wanted to challenge myself and ultimately, earn a degree to be more than a "home cook".

Where are you in your culinary studies? 
I am in the early stages of my culinary career, but I have learned so much already. Next semester, I will start doing more on the baking end and I am very excited to engage in those classes.

What are you working on now? 
Right now, we're working on cooking breakfast items. Who knew an egg could be prepared/ cooked 101 ways?

What is your favorite task as a culinary student? 
My favorite task as a culinary student would be organizing and cleaning. I know this totally has nothing to do with cooking, but you can get so much more accomplished in a clean/organized work environment.

What is your favorite ingredient? 
My favorite ingredient would have to be cheese. Cheese makes anything and everything better!

Do you have a “signature dish”? 
My signature dish is deviled eggs. I experiment with new combinations often and the possibilities are endless. Wait until you try my Lox and Bagel deviled eggs! : ) 

What would you most like to do in culinary arts when you graduate? 
I will more than likely work in a Bakery. That's my goal thus far. 

What is your favorite restaurant in Richmond? 
Lunch & Supper.

What would you tell other potential students interested in studying culinary arts at Reynolds? 
Stop waiting and DO IT! I hesitated and started so many times, but never committed. Once you start, you'll really see what a great program it is and how fun it is to learn the specifics about cooking. I am so happy I started and I truly love the entire program. It's a hobby for me so I am always excited to go to class each and every time.