Thursday, September 15, 2016

Meet Reynolds Buildings and Grounds Manager Matthew E. Thompson, Sr.



Meet Reynolds Buildings and Grounds Manager Matthew E. Thompson, Sr.

How long have you been at Reynolds? MT: I have worked at Reynolds for more than nine years. 

What do you like most about Reynolds and where did you work before coming to Reynolds? MT: The people and the challenging opportunities.  Before coming to work at Reynolds, I worked at Sodexho Facilities Management… an international company.

 
Matthew (center in burgundy shirt) helping at the college's recent stream cleanup event.

















What jobs did you have as a teenager? MT: I had numerous jobs as a teenager including newspaper routes, as well as positions as a busboy, dishwasher, grill cook and hoagie sandwich maker.

What do you like to do in your off-time? MT: I enjoy relaxing with my family, working with community outreach through ministries and working with children through my camp.  I also like to find time to create musical composition as well.

What is your favorite movie? MT: The Ultimate Gift. 

If you could have one super power, what would be? MT: I would choose the ability to fly….so when I become tired and need to get away I just get up and go!

If you were given $5 million, what would you do? MT: I would pay all of my debts and renovate my campsite to handle all-year-round retreats.  This would include paying for a training center where financially challenged and unskilled people could come to learn marketable skills for free.

What is one thing most people don’t know about you? MT: As a minister, I married Reynolds Customer Service Representative Alex Cenname and her husband Nicholas last year.