Thursday, February 23, 2017

Meet Hong Wu. Hong works as the Director of Library and Information Services at Reynolds.



Questions:
How long have you worked here?
I’ve been with Reynolds for 21 years.


Where did you work before coming to Reynolds?
I was a librarian at Troy State University in Dothan, Alabama.  Before that, I was an instructor at the Foreign Affairs College in Beijing, China.

What do you like best about working at Reynolds?
The people.  I’m honored to work with a group of dedicated and talented people.  Team Library is fantastic!

When I am not at work, I like to?
I like to read books, travel around the world, tend to my garden and stay connected with my family and friends in China through WebChat.

Dead or alive, if you could have dinner with one person, who would it be?
I miss my Dad.  He lost his battle with cancer right before I completed my college.

If I had $5 million I would: 
Pay off my mortgage, put my children through college, and invest the rest for my retirement and charity.

What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
I attended one of the most sought-after boarding schools in China when I was a child.  I won’t consider sending my children to a boarding school after my experience.

What is your favorite movie?
Babel

Did you have any jobs as a teenager?
No.  I grew up in China and teenagers didn’t have jobs in my time.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To get rid of hate in this world.