Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Two Reynolds Students Named "Culinary Students of the Year" at Elby Awards

Reynolds Culinary Arts Students Sam Bausone and John Bradley
John Bradley (center) and Sam Bausone (right)
receive their Elby awards.

Reynolds Culinary Arts students Sam Bausone and John Bradley were named Culinary Students of the Year at the 8th Annual Elby Awards hosted by Richmond Magazine.

The Elbys, Richmond's Oscars for food, recognize the work of the city's dining community visionaries, staffers, chefs, restaurateurs, producers and beverage makers.This year over 600 Richmond Food Scene Lovers came out to witness the awards. Reynolds is proud to have Sam and John recognized for their hard work and dedication as students of the culinary craft.


Sam Bausone
Sam Bausone
Sam said this about his award: "I was honored hear that I was student of the year. The staff at Reynolds has helped me to become much more confident and able it the kitchen. I want to thank Chef Miller and Chef Rounds for all of the knowledge they share with us. I look forward to continue growing in this industry." Read Sam's Culinary Profile.
John Bradly in Reynolds Cooking Uniform
John Bradley
John had this to say about his award: "I'm humbled to have received this year's Elby for Culinary Student of the Year. I am especially thankful for the Culinary and Pastry Arts program at Reynolds, and to my internship with Chef Jannequin at Camden's Dogtown Market. I also greatly appreciate Chef Cook and his team at ZZQ for opening their kitchen to me. All of them have given me something to aspire to as a professional, and I'm honored to have the opportunity to learn from them." Read John's Culinary Profile.