Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Kim Cain – Scholarship Manager Reynolds Office of Institutional Advancement

Where did you grow up and what was it like?
I grew up in a small town in Florida where we didn’t have to lock doors or worry about playing outside.

How long have you worked for Reynolds and what positions have you held?
I have been at Reynolds for 18 years. I have worked in Financial Operations my entire time until I was  was hired as the Scholarship Manager on January 10 of this year.

Please tell us about your new role as Scholarship Manager? 
I’m still learning about it.

What do you look forward to doing most in your new position?
Being able to work closely with students and helping them to be able to afford college without going into debt.

The Scholarship Bowl is coming up in February. Please tell us more about this event and how faculty and staff can support it.
This will be our 16th Scholarship Bowl. We are looking forward to seeing more teams this year. We are asking that everyone bring an item for the Food Pantry. We will not only help a student with their tuition, fees and books, but we will also help many students that need a little food to get them through the day.

What is your favorite activity outside of your work at Reynolds?
I like to play Pokémon with my son. It gets me out into different parks to walk and spend quality family time.

What do like most about Richmond?
The change in seasons. Growing up in Florida you didn’t get to see leaves change and snow. Yes, I said it, I like the snow. Not only for the days off, but it is so pretty.

If you won $100 Million in the Mega Millions lottery what would you do with the money?
I would pay off my bills and my son’s bills. Then I’d retire and travel.