Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Doors Open

Starting a career? Restarting a career? Expanding your educational horizons? We are here for you. Since opening our doors in 1972 Reynolds Community College has ushered 22,571 students to the stage to receive their college degrees. Every year students like Katrina LaLuna "have doors opened they never imagined existed" until Reynolds advisors, faculty and staff showed them the way, and assured them their goals were possible. 


Here's what Katrina LaLuna had to say about her Reynolds experience.


My Reynolds Experience
Email from Katrina LaLuna
Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Katrina LaLuna after 2019 graduation.
My name is Katrina LaLuna, and in May 2019 I graduated from Reynolds Community College with an Associate of Applied Science degree in architectural engineering technology with a concentration in building construction management. 

I finally decided to return to school when I was approaching a decade in the beauty industry. I always struggled with seeing myself in a particular career forever, and I knew that it was time for me to try something new. I wanted to enter a program that would lead to employment in a new field after two years, and since the more common career paths never quite appealed to me, I started exploring the local community college's other programs with a very open mind. 

I landed at Reynolds after walking in and speaking with the department heads of the Architectural Engineering Technology program. Mr. Bass and Mr. Andrews
Mr. Aubrey Bass, Assistant Professor -
Drafting & Design Technology with
Katrina LaLuna
both took the time to speak with me and gave me enough information to help me decide that I could pursue a fulfilling and lucrative career in the construction industry. They along with Ms. Powers and Mr. Littlefield were supportive the entire way, especially when I needed guidance and advice on my job hunt. 


I was thrilled to accept a career opportunity prior to graduating, and now that I am working in the field, I know this one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am continuing my studies through an online program specifically for AAS graduates at Fort Hays State University and will ultimately earn a Bachelor of Science in technology leadership. 

In only two years, Reynolds gave me the education I needed to change my life and set myself up for the future I desire. Doors have opened for me that ten years ago I did not know existed; I am so excited for what's to come!