Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Paula J Green Communications Officer - Reynolds Department of Police Reynolds Graduate, May 2018, Associate Degree Management Small Business (Cum Laude)

Paula has been working for the Reynolds Department of Police for the past seven years. But, for that seven years she hasn't just been an employee, she has been a Reynolds student too, first earning a Certificate in Entrepreneurship Small Business and then her Associates Degree Management Small Business this past May. And, if that isn't enough, she has been on the Dean's List from 2011 to 2018.

When asked what prompted her to get her degree, Paula said, "Cleaning has been one of my passion, so I decided to take some courses in Business, and to have my own business. My business is PG Cleaning Services (Entrepreneur) and I have been in business since 2014." 

Paula's favorite hobbies are singing and cleaning. "Singing is my part-time job, I do weddings, funerals, anniversaries, and birthdays. I sing with a singing group call Rev. D. Kay Logan & NU Beginning Experience, and have been singing with the group for nine years, and I sing in the choir at my church, Faith Community Baptist Church."

"I am a single parent, I have one son, Krystopher A. Cooper. I have one grandson who has stolen my heart, Xzavier M. Cooper who will be three years old June 15. I have two sisters, Sabrina Jones and Brice Perkins, and two brothers, Alexander, and Charles Futrell. My mother retired from J Sargeant Reynolds in 2016, my father is deceased. I love spending time with my family and friends, and going to church and movies and eating." 

When asked about her future, Paula says, "I am planning to attend Old Dominion University to pursue my Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Business Administration.  My future plans include continuing to grow my cleaning business. Trust your Savior to pick you up, comfort you, and give you the confidence you need to continue on your journey, taking each minute, each day as it comes."